Monday, August 27, 2012

Cute Boots, Party Time!


Kids heading back to school, boots everywhere in the stores, even with the warm weather, there is a sense of fall around the corner. Helping my sister and niece shopping yesterday reminded me of ... new shoes, the school year tradition - I always think of new shoes in the fall. Not that there is ever a bad time to think of new shoes..   

Fall is a time for new routines, rearranging life and home from the outdoor summer frolics and preparing for the interior life of cooler weather.  Of course I am barefoot on my hammock typing this blog post.  And much like wearing sky-high heeled shoes, I now  appreciate that typing while reclined in a hammock is just a better idea than it is a reality.


I'm thinking that it's time to pull out some UFOs that seemed too hot to work on during the summer and to think of what I want to accomplish before the holidays. My local quilt show registrations are due in January so I'm also thinking of what I want to complete in time for the quilt show. A couple years ago, I learned that if it's not basically completed (aka binding, label, sleeve still left to do) I don't enter it in the show. Stress and art don't mix well.

But on the other hand, I can do a lot in 12 days if I have a challenge. So there is a fine line between stretching my creativity and trying my patience.

Hope that you are enjoying the end of summer and start of fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment