In steps below, I added a * for steps of the creative process that were done prior to 12x12x12 challenge. And I'm kinda excited so I used !!! to show that it was the first time I ever did a certain technique or step. Such a fun adventure, can't wait to share the rest with you!
- Hand dyed fabric *!!! (from my first ever dyeing at a guild retreat)
- Words masked with scrapbooking stickers*!!! (my total idea, now I see others have done the same - we're all creative),then inked in green with Tsukineko All Purpose Inks
- Blue scribbles added with Fabrico Markers
- White circles stamped with the lid from ink*!!! (the white ink is a must try)
- Hidden "in search of" - I want my quilts to have impact from a distance, draw people in, good design and hidden surprises... when I looked at the photos I found the "in search of", I had forgotten I hid those words in the dark blue line on the left - see where the middle row of hand stitches ends?
- Ultrasuede Flower Cogs (Flogs) I decided to outline cut them this time!!! The overall design is very light and fluffy, the solid Flogs in that flat Ultrasuede would dominate, so why not... And I thought I fused them in place
- Hand stitching using 3 different variegated colors of floss
- Lucky for me the fused Flogs didn't fuse well, so I added the hand stitching in the Flogs, now they really play well with the other light and fluffy elements
- Free Motion Machine quilted - yep, til it screamed out "no mas!"
- Free Motion Zigzagged the edge
* - These steps were done prior to 12x12x12 challenge
!!! - First time I ever did this type of thing
I can't wait to show you my Day 2 project! Feel free to ask me questions, about any of these steps and techniques.
In fact, feel free to ask any questions from A to Z!