What besides Fear slows me down? Linear Thinking
We should know step 1 before we do step 2. Well, I already had the background fabric stitched together for use in a Maria O'Haver quilt block - I think it was the Maryland Flag, I had abandoned that project and relgated it to my orphan block box (also known as the land of misfit blocks). As it turns out - I really don't enjoy following patterns, I like the flow of the birth of a new creation. There is a real artisan skill to following quilt pattern and I admire those who do enjoy it. But to me, that is work, while creating is play. I've learned that following a pattern is "recreating" and that's a line I now realize that I'd rather stay on the " birthing a new creation side."
- Paper pieced background *
- Freezer paper stenciled words!!!
- Wavy lines Free Motion Machine quilted with YLI London Drizzle
- Hand stitched both lines on left and scattered seed stitch on right side!!!
- Bound with a fused strip of fabric - used a plastic ruler to line up the strip so that it was perfectly in line !!! (lining up with ruler gets the !!!)
* - These steps were done prior to 12x12x12 challenge
!!! - First time I ever did this type of thing
|Definition:||a process of thought following known cycles or step-by-step progression where a response to a step must be elicited before another step is taken|