Based on a sketch from spring 2011
- Fused background fabric to Freezer paper for stability
- Wavy S shape drawn with Sewline Air Erasable pen
- Circles drawn along the line using the Staedtler Professional Combo Circle template
- Colored in the spheres with Tsukineko Inks blending rainbow colors and adding some spherical shapes
- Accidentally used steam when setting the inks, and got a nice smeary effect on the red to oranges and teals (interesting effect - may need to try on purpose) !!!
- Free Motion Machine quilted around spheres first
- Quilted lines moving top to bottom around the spheres!!! and echoing curves on upper right
- Added a dragon scale (or fern-like) quilting in areas that needed tighter quilting !!!
- Did a vertical stitching below dragon echoing the tail - I like the checkerboard effect it gives. I don't know if I like the quilting inside the dragon tail...
- Bound using chunks of fused fabrics, fused on front and wrapped to the back!!!
* - These steps were done prior to 12x12x12 challenge
|pizza cheese fabric|
and I end this post with the cheese fabric on the back
why you ask?
because we all know "the cheese stands alone"!