Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bucket List - published

On my list of things I wanted to do was "get published in a quilt book".

Debra Gabel of Zebra Patterns  was working on a second book and put out a call for projects made using her designs.  I jumped at the opportunity!

Debra offered a lot of flexibility -we were allowed to add or delete items from her patterns, same as future book owners will do when they buy her book.  As well as make whatever type of project we wanted, that definately appealed to me!

The book will be out January 2012.
I made two projects.  One was a no-sew project -I sketched and painted on artist canvas using the New York block. 




Since my sister and her family used to live in London, I was compelled to make this art quilt mounted onto an artist canvas.  I wanted with the focus to be on the skyline.  I omitted the red bus since it was such a strong image, that it would change the vision I had for the quilt.  I handdyed cheesecloth for this to add a hazy fog, but as it turned out, I used it in the water to add some dimension and movement.

Now, I'm not sure which or if both are in the book, I just know that I was on the list of artists included in the book. 

So now that this bucket list item has been checked off, I'm going to look at that list again and see what needs to be added. 

How is your bucket list going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment