When I was young we would sit crossed legged and the name we had for that style, isn't politically correct, so now kids sit "Criss Cross Applesauce" style.
I find that to be pretty disturbing - I ask, are the kids sitting in applesauce? Should I surmise that applesauce can be created by kids sitting crosslegged? I leave you to ponder that dilemma...
This is the first piece that doesn't have any letters or numbers in it. Nothing deep, just a realization. You didn't really expect any deep thoughts after the applesauce talk, did you?
- Lines are from leftover fabric from the background for Day 3 - Linear Thinking
- Free cut with rotary cutter the lines (!!!- not sure if I've done this before)
- Free Motion ZigZag stitched the lines down
- Free Motion Machine quilted - alternating an overlapping square box pattern!!! and stippling
- Fused raw edge binding with free cut batik strips
* - These steps were done prior to 12x12x12 challenge
!!! - First time I ever did this type of thing